Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2025

The Life and Death of Charlie Kirk

                                              

     I've watched a few videos of Kirk at college rallies, and the thing that strikes me most about him is how smug he is with his frequent a-ha, gotcha moments. As in - 'I didn't get a college education but see, I'm smarter than you.'  His sprinkled compliments ring false. He expects these kids to know the authors he knows, the books that he's read, the economists he's studied and if they don't, he takes aim at their education. He's ten to fifteen older than these kids. He frequently refers to a college education as meaningless. 

     Why would anyone, let alone somebody who calls himself a Christian, go to a university to tell students their education is meaningless?  Perhaps he has an unconscious resentment of these kids who are taking the opportunity to pursue a higher education. He's not there to educate, but to humiliate. Is he a bully? 

     His religious affiliation. Perhaps the institution of the church itself is fundamentally evil and produces false idols like Kirk. It's an institution of control; you only have to look at its brutal history. The biggest takeaway from a religious epiphany I had is this: The true meaning of Christianity is forgiveness, love, humility, giving, and empowerment. I don't see these qualities in Kirk with how he treats these kids. In fact, his organization is more of a cult. This fella hammered people over the head with his righteousness. Come to Jesus and be like me! If you don't believe, poor you. How condescending. Now God has raised him up to be with his dysfunctional family in heaven. 



No comments: